The Sports Committee (SC) assists LGBT sports groups throughout the world in building and strengthening their organisations, becoming members of the Federation, and participating in the Gay Games. This committe works closely with the Host of the next Gay Games, with emphasis on inclusion and participation in all sports.
To support the mission of the Federation of Gay Games, the FGG Sports Committee:
- is the FGG correspondent with the Gay Games Host for all sports issues
- develops FGG policies, in particular for anti-doping, gender identity, and targeted participant groups
- establishes the Gay Games sports programme
- writes the Sports Red Book, the minimum requirements for Gay Games sports
- designates Sports Coordinators for Gay Games sports
- provides data to and tests sports issues in registration
- supports the Host Selection Committee for the Gay Games Request for Proposals
- provides feedback on bids for the Host Selection process
- establishes the appropriate subcommittees and working groups to carry out its duties.
Board members, delegates, and volunteers all serve on the Sports Committee. If you want to support Gay Games sports, represent your sport on the committee, and contribute to the success of the Gay Games movement, we would be pleased to have you as a member of the committee. Just write to us for more information on becoming a Gay Games volunteer.
- Experience in a Gay Games sport
- Access to the Internet
- Ability to work in English