PRESS RELEASE issued 31 January 2020
Do You Want To Bring Gay Games XII To Your City In 2026?
The first step in the Site Selection process to identify the host for the next Gay Games in 2026 is submitting a Request for Information (RFI) document. This is now available and can be received by contacting FGGBids@GayGames.net.
For more information about the bidding process timelines please visit our website.
Hosting the Gay Games
The positive financial impact to the host city of the Gay Games is clear, as evidenced by the official economic impact highlights from the 2018 Gay Games X in Paris:
- Total economic impact: US $117.9 million.
- Locals and non-locals contributed a total of US $72.7 million to the economy, in the areas of lodging, dining and entertainment, travel and other necessities, and tourism.
- An additional US $45.8 million was generated in local incomes - roughly the equivalent of 1,429 full-time jobs.
- 23% of participants were from France (12% from Paris).
- 40% of local participants said they would have traveled outside Paris, France to participate in the Gay Games, taking their spend of US $9.2 million to another region.
About the Federation of Gay Games
The Gay Games was conceived by Dr. Tom Waddell, an Olympic decathlete, as a way to empower thousands of LGBTQ+ athletes and artists through sport, culture, and fellowship. It was first held in San Francisco in 1982. Subsequent Gay Games were held in San Francisco (1986), Vancouver (1990), New York (1994), Amsterdam (1998), Sydney (2002), Chicago (2006), Cologne (2010), Cleveland+Akron (2014), and Paris (2018). Gay Games 11 will be held in Hong Kong in 2022. Visit www.gaygameshk2022.com for more information.
“Gay Games,” “Federation of Gay Games,” the interlocking circles device, and the phrase“Participation, Inclusion and Personal Best” are trademarks of the Federation of Gay Games, Inc. Trademarks are registered in the USA, Canada, Benelux, the UK, Germany, and Australia.
Shiv Paul, Officer of Communications. firstname.lastname@example.org
584 Castro Street, Suite 343, San Francisco, CA 94114 USA
Follow us on Social Media: